Remember, our goal is to make this stressful time as smooth a transition as possible.
Call us at 360-927-3448 to discuss how we can be of help to you!
Stay where you are? There are options for Aging in Place
Maybe you’re not ready to move, or perhaps you have no desire to leave your current home, and that’s certainly understandable. However, what may well have been just right for you at one point probably isn’t just right, right now.
This might require an easy fix (clearing out clutter) or it may require a complete remodel (ADA bathroom, main level bedroom, etc.) …or somewhere in between.
As a Certified Aging in Place Specialist, Suzanne is ready to have this discussion with you and can help coordinate with the appropriate professionals to determine if aging in place is feasible for you.
Bear in mind, this often has nothing to do with age as it is also referred to as Universal Design. There are people of all ages who have mobility issues.
Here are a few things to be considered for an Aging in Place option:
Are you comfortable with the floorplan of your existing home, just feeling overwhelmed by an accumulation of things over the years?
- We can help you develop a plan to achieve a “less is best” living environment.
Perhaps you have not only too many “things” but also find that you have too much furniture that you’re forever bumping into, making navigation difficult.
- Let’s look at doing a redesign of your interior, using only the existing furniture you really need. Perhaps the excess furniture can be sold, donated or gifted to a loved one. Sometimes changing out light bulbs, door handles and a fresh coat of paint will make a huge difference in your home, especially when coupled with making your home easier to navigate.
Finally, after reviewing these options, if you feel that it will probably take a lot more to make your current home safe and comfortable for you to live in, these are a few other options we’d explore.
- Is there at least one bedroom on the main level or a room that could be converted?
- Can your existing main level bathroom be modified for barrier-free access?
- Is your kitchen currently comfortable for you to use?
- Getting into your home – can it be modified to accommodate your needs?